Wondering what to do with ripe bananas on your kitchen counter? I love banana recipes, so I decided to put together a HUGE list of 55 things to make with ripe bananas!
We love bananas at our house, but occasionally, life happens and it’s easy to let bananas go past their prime. Or, sometimes, I’ll find bananas marked down at the store because they are starting to get too ripe.
I’m really weird in that I prefer to eat bananas when they have some black spots on them, but the rest of my family won’t touch them once they are at the “Black Spot” stage.
When we have an abundance of over-ripe bananas, I either freeze them to use in smoothies and baking later, or I go ahead and make one of our favorite banana recipes with them.
What to Do With Ripe Bananas
I thought it might be fun to put together a list of some of my favorite things to make with ripe bananas!
The recipes on this list are a mixture of some of my favorite banana recipes right here on this blog, plus some other recipes I gathered from other sites that I hope to try soon.
Most of them are fairly healthful (with a few exceptions) and many of them are family favorites. Enjoy!!
- Homemade Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Walnut Oatmeal
- Fourth of July Toast
- Healthy Banana Pancakes
- Brown Sugar Banana French Toast Casserole
- Pan-Fried Cinnamon Bananas
- 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes
- Breakfast Banana Split
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups
- Healthy No Bake Banana Bread Breakfast Bars
- Chocolate Banana Roll-Ups
- Banana Coconut Pudding
- Breakfast Banana Pops
- Copycat Trader Joe’s Gone Bananas
- Baked Banana Chips
- Banana Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt Pops
- Nutella Banana Crepes
- Nutella & Banana Sushi
- Raspberry Banana Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- Banana Ice Cream — 10 Different Flavors
- Peanut Butter & Banana Quesadilla
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
- Freezer-Friendly Banana Bread
- Freezer-Friendly Chocolate Banana Bread
- Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Gingerbread Banana Bread
- Honey Cinnamon Banana Bread Scones
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Scones
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Muffins
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Whole-Wheat Banana Coconut Muffins
- Clean Eating Banana-Coconut Smoothie
- Pick-Me-Up Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Green Tea Smoothie
- Green Monster Spinach Smoothie
- Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- Chocolate Bottom Banana Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
- No Bake Banana Split Cake
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Brown Sugar Banana Blondies
- Whole Wheat Banana Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Fudge
- Banana Fritters with Vanilla Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Banana Tart
What are YOUR favorite ideas for what to do with ripe bananas? Tell us in the comments!
Need to overhaul your grocery budget?I want to help! Join my email list and get FREE ACCESS to my new eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget. Sign up now!I want to help! Join my email list and get FREE ACCESS to my new eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget. Sign up now!
Want to take better control of your grocery budget?
Do you want to take better control of your grocery budget? If so, you’ll want to read my newest eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget!
This eBook will give you all the tips, tricks, and practical advice you need to create a grocery budget tailored to your family’s needs that you can actually STICK to (because that’s the key!)
In this eBook, you’ll learn:
- How to create a grocery budget that fits your family’s needs and your finances!
- New systems to help you keep track of what you spend at the store!
- How to actually stick with your new budget and save money for years to come!
- Ways to save up to $50 off your grocery bill THIS WEEK by using the 10 simple strategies outlined in this eBook!
Ready to get started? Just use the form above to sign up!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!