Are you tired or feeling overwhelmed as a mom? In this episode, Rachel Norman shares what she has learned about setting healthy boundaries. Rachel is a mom of five and the author of If Mama Ain’t Happy: Why Minding Healthy Boundaries Is Good for Your Whole Family.
As Rachel shared about what boundaries are to her, I had some aha moments in my own life as she has a very different perspective on the word “boundaries” than I’ve thought of before. I hope this conversation encourages you to rethink what boundaries would allow you to thrive and be the best version of yourself you can be!
Powered by RedCircle
In This Episode
[00:34] – Welcome to another episode of The Crystal Paine Show.
[01:36] – Rachel shares about her transformation of heart.
[08:13] – What did it look like for you to uproot that system that was propelling you in a dysfunctional way?
[11:55] – Rachel reflects that when you start to realize some things that are not good for us are also not good for them.
[13:15] – How did you break free from when you had set up this system? How did your family react?
[19:20] – Talk to us about boundaries and how you would define them.
[23:02] – Where would a person start setting up boundaries?
[27:00] – Boundaries are the foundation for what is going to allow me to live life at my best.
[32:06] – I love that you are taking the word boundaries and making it something different than I’ve thought of it before.
[33:29] – What happens when you set a boundary and then realize that it isn’t working?
- If Mama Ain’t Happy: Why Minding Healthy Boundaries Is Good for Your Whole Family by Rachel Norman
- Special Mentions
- A Mother Far From Home
- Other Resources
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: crystal @ moneysavingmom.com