This week, we’re going to be talking about some ways to make more money online this holiday season. One of those ways is by working as a social media manager for other blogs or online businesses.
It’s just a given nowadays that businesses should have an online presence. However, so many small business owners are completely swamped with just trying to run their business and having to try to keep up with a Facebook Page and an Instagram or Pinterest account can feel overwhelming.
That’s where a social media manager can come in and not only take a huge load off their shoulders, but also help them build their business and increase their income through a strong social media presence.
What Does a Social Media Manager Do?
A social media manager is someone who oversees all (or some!) of a business or blogger’s social media accounts. This could include:
- Posting regularly — Sharing about the business, sharing related articles and links, fostering engagement and community, posting inspirational quotes or funny memes, and/or encouraging interaction through comments.
- Monitoring comments and messages — Regularly checking on comments and messages left and responding to them graciously and promptly.
- Designing graphics — Possibly using Canva, PicMonkey, or an app to create graphics for social media (some businesses have a graphic designer they use for this).
- Taking photos or videos — If you are a social media manager for a local business, part of your job, might be attending events that the business is at or is hosting and taking photos and videos to use on social media.
- Researching ways to increase engagement — Watching trends and reading articles and listening to podcasts to learn what is working and not working for other companies and getting ideas of ways to experiment and improve.
- Editing videos to post — Possibly editing videos to include on the business’ social media platforms.
What Skills Do You Need?
If you love social media, are generally pretty organized, enjoy interacting and helping people via social media comments, are thorough and professional, can pay close attention to detail, and work well independently, then you are a great candidate for being a social media manager.
Most social media managers I know don’t have any special degrees, they’ve just been willing to put in the time and effort to learn and become proficient.
How Much Can You Make?
Honestly, the sky is pretty much the limit if you are working virtually as a social media manager. And best of all, you can usually charge a monthly rate for your services for companies, instead of an hourly rate.
This means, that as you learn tricks for streamlining and becoming really efficient and fast, you could fairly easily work up to making an average of $20-$25 per hour — and I know many social media managers who are making quite a bit more than this as they’ve honed their skills!
You can also usually work for multiple companies, since most social media manager positions would require no more than 2-4 hours per week per company.
So let’s say that you work for 5 different companies and work 2-4 hours per week for each company and you charge $300 per month per company. That means you would be working 10-20 hours per week and making $1500 per month.
That’s a pretty fantastic part-time income — and you get to work from home, you get to set your own hours, and you can work from anywhere!
How Do You Get Started?
If you are interested in becoming a Social Media Manager, I’ve got a fantastic resource for you to help you get started! I was so excited about this course when I discovered it and spent hours this weekend going through it to make sure I felt comfortable promoting it to you all.
And yes, this course lived up to my expectations — and then some!
It’s called Social Side Hustle and it walks you through everything you need to know to start your own Social Media Manager business.
In Social Side Hustle, you’ll learn:
- Why there is such a need for social media managers and how you likely have the skills (or can learn the skills) to start this business
- What kinds of services you can offer as a Social Media Manager — and what a client is typically going to expect you to do.
- How to structure your pricing and not overcharge or undercharge
- Creative and proven techniques for landing longterm clients — and how to prevent issues and stress in business relationships
- Fantastic time-saving tips for being more efficient and effective in posting to social media so you can make your clients happy and earn more per hour
- How to keep track of your responsibilities and stay organized as a business owner
- And so much more (and yes, I know that lists like this usually say that, but there was just so much in this course that I couldn’t list it all off here!)
This course will give you everything you need to know to get your business up and running — and turning a profit! — very quickly! All you need are a computer and a willingness to learn!
I’ve Got Some Amazing News For You!
Social Side Hustle is usually $197 but it’s included as one of the 129 resources bundled together in The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle Flash Sale. Which means that until tomorrow evening at midnight, you can get this course + 128 other cool resources for just $29.97!!!
Even if you don’t touch any of the other resources in The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle, if you go through Social Side Hustle and work for one client for a few hours, you will easily make that $29.97 back. And I hope you make thousands more than that off of it — and I think you will if you just follow the steps outlined in the course!
So what are you waiting for?
Through Tuesday at midnight only, you can get Social Side Hustle as part of The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle Flash Sale for just $29.97! In addition to this course, you’ll get a huge library of resources on topics like home management, decluttering, mothering, DIY-ing, your marriage, organizing, budgeting, making money from home, plus much more!
Remember, this offer ends Tuesday at midnight and this is your final opportunity to get the bundle.
Ready to purchase? Just click below…
Want to learn more? Read more about this amazing bundle here.
P.S. Remember, this offer ends Tuesday (November 6, 2018) at midnight! Get it while you can!