Thanks so much for stopping by! I realize there is a lot of information on MoneySavingMom.com, so I put together this page to help you get started.
Pressed for time? Here are 5 quick starting points:
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget :: If you want a fast-course in the basics, start here. I wrote this one years ago, but all of the principles still hold true! It focuses on all aspects of couponing, budgeting, playing the drug store game, grocery shopping, and more.
- 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget eBook :: Want simpler, more concise advice on how to create, track, and follow your grocery budget? Sign up for the 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget eBook! I wrote this recently as a 2017 refresher course for grocery budgeting.
- 52 Different Ways to Save $100 Per Year :: This is one of my most popular series to date, and it offers many creative ways to save money and stretch your budget further!
- Over 40 Different Income-Earning Ideas :: Looking for ways to easily supplement your income at home? Check out this HUGE list of creative and unique ideas you can start right away!
- How to Save Money With Your Smartphone :: One of the easiest ways to save money is with your mobile device! Be sure to sign up for my FREE 5-day course to learn about my favorite ways to save easily with a smartphone.
You can also check out the Table of Contents for a list of all our content by date. Blogs are unlike print material because they are growing constantly, so this is a great place to find an archive of everything on this site.
How MoneySavingMom.com can help you
My goal is to tell you about legitimate, practical, non-gimmicky ways to help you save money in your everyday life. I am passionate about living simply and frugally, and I strive to help my readers do the same.
What You’ll Find at MoneySavingMom.com
- Deals, Steals & Coupons :: We publish multiple posts each day highlighting deals, coupons and freebies we can confidently recommend to my readers. We do our very best to post only legitimate offers that provide a real benefit for you. If you’d like to receive these updates for free in your inbox, you can subscribe here.
- Deals at National Stores :: Did you know you can drastically reduce your spending by pairing coupons with the items already on sale at stores? Playing the drug store game can save you thousands of dollars each year! You can grab all kinds of freebies at Target by stacking their coupon savings. And Walmart is a couponer’s best friend with their friendly coupon policy! We make it easy for you by matching coupons to sale items for all of these popular national stores: Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.
- Money-Saving Ideas :: We frequently post about creative ways to save money, including everything from meal planning advice and frugal family activities to budget-friendly fashion ideas and freezer recipes.
- Personal Posts from Me :: In addition to the deals that my team posts each day, I usually write a few personal posts each week. These posts include my goals, glimpses into my life, books I’m reading, recipes I’m making, inspirational thoughts, and more! (You can find even more personal posts on my Instagram account. I get very real and vulnerable over there!)
General Tips for Using MoneySavingMom.com
- How to Get A Deal :: Many of my posts alert you to deals on products and services you can get at great prices. Most of the time, these deal posts will include a step-by-step explanation about how to obtain the deal. To get started taking advantage of some great deals — both online and in your area — follow the home page, check out the Deals category or subscribe and let us send them to you!
- Start Small :: Dip your toes in by taking advantage of one or two deals to start. Don’t feel like you have to do all the deals. If you want to cut your grocery budget, I suggest slowly working through the 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget Series and you’ll be well on your way to significant savings.
- Read the Comments :: My readers are great about sharing their own experiences with deals and offering help to one another in the process. If you have a question about a particular deal, I encourage you to read the comments from that post!
New to Couponing? Here are some articles I’d recommend you read:
- Getting Started with Coupons :: Some basic tips and ideas. Also, check out these debunked coupon myths.
- Organizing Coupons :: A rundown of different methods of coupon organization, including how I organize my coupons.
- Where to Find Coupons :: A list of places you can find coupons. You can often use more than one of the same coupon so finding multiple coupon inserts from the Sunday newspaper is helpful.
- Coupon Terms & Abbreviations :: The list of coupon lingo and definitions.
- The Drugstore Game :: Here’s what it is, how to get started and the specifics of shopping at CVS and Walgreens.
- Printable Coupons :: You can print coupons simply by going to one of the sites linked to on the printable coupons page, “clipping” them (check their box) and printing. You may be asked to install coupon printing software. This software is safe and will only be required once to print coupons. You may also have to sign up for various mailing lists in order to print some coupons.
Want to Know More?
Many Places to Find MoneySavingMom
There are several places we post deals online:
- MoneySavingMom.com is the main one. Subscribe to receive as many deals as you’d like here.
- Facebook :: We post all of our deals to the Money Saving Mom Facebook Fan page. Plus, you’ll see some bonus super HOT deals over there that you won’t see here on the blog.
- Twitter :: You can also catch our deals on Twitter if that works better for you!
- Pinterest :: Follow MoneySavingMom.com on Pinterest for more frugal inspiration.
- Instagram :: We post the top 2-4 best deals each day on our special deals account!